[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime update

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jan 7 12:43:57 UTC 2011

On 07/01/11 02:10, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> there was some contention as to whether a physical card was necessary;
> the content providers would prefer something downloadable.

Yuk. I feel your pain over there. "Something downloadable" -> downloaded onto a
cablecard-compatible box -> a Windows-only program to converse with the box.

Not to mention: "What do you mean, you want to download it again? You already
downloaded it once, you'll have to fork out the fee again. What do you mean,
your box went strange and you had to cold-boot it? Not our problem, sucker. Call
your box-maker about it. Next!"

--

Mike Perkins