[mythtv-users] Masterbackend to shutdown slave

Viktor Wadskog wadskog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:29:26 UTC 2011

Hi!
I have 2 mythbackends, one 24/7 on master with a dummy capture card and
then the slave, hosting 2 capture cards.

So when not in use, I want my master to shutdown the slave and then wake
it when there is an upcoming recording.

So on page 6 in mythtv-setups General section in the "slaveservers" box,
my master is set like this:

Sleep command: "path to script that shutsdowns my slave"
Wake command: "MAC-adress to slave"

Is that the right way to set it up ?

The master never seems to shutdown the slave.
I have no upcoming recordings, I'm not connected with a frontend and
there are no jobs pending.

What might be wrong ?

/Viktor