[mythtv-users] Graphics problem

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Jan 6 12:16:12 UTC 2011

>hi.

>no it won't

>each nvidia drivers are unique and have a different package name:
>nvidia-glx-xxx

>Select to install nvidia-glx-256

>this will remove any existing nvidia drivers you have (provided you
>installed the with an official ubuntu package)

>I didn't follow the new naming scheme used by recent ubuntu, like
>nvidia-glx-default ; it's confusing IMHO and I like to be able to
>easily change what version of nvidia drivers I'm using

Thanks, I kinda figured it out last night.  Unfortunately the 256 drivers
have a larger problem than the "remnants" of the 260 drivers, for my systems
anyways.  When I kill my frontend in the middle of video with the 256
drivers, my whole system just hardlocked.  I've reverted back to 195 and
we'll see what future drivers bring.  Also, I agree with you, the
nvidia-glx-XXX naming scheme is much easier to work with.