[mythtv-users] No video on frontend

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:10:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Magnus Larsson <magnus at vista.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a Thinkpad T61p laptop, running Ubuntu 10.10, on which I've
> installed a mythfrontend (ubuntu package). Problem is that I get nothing but
> a black screen when watching live TV or recorded programs. Audio works, but
> just at black screen.

Quadro FX 570M is a VDPAU-supported card. You may need to install libvdpau
and then set the VDPAU Slim playback profile. The card only has 256M ram
(512 is preferred for VDPAU), but maybe there is a BIOS option to share
extra.

2011-01-05 17:22:38.872 VideoOutputXv: XVideo Adaptor Name: 'NV17 Video
> Texture'

I don't know why using Xv on nvidia would result in a black screen.