[mythtv-users] I would appreciate some help with Satix S2 problem

Pangurban pangurban at eircom.net
Wed Jan 5 22:58:00 UTC 2011

On 05/01/2011 16:47, Andre wrote:
> Hi, not a good subject line, I changed it for you :-) I only saw this
> because I have some search rules for things with the Satix S2 card!

Thank you very much Andre
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene-test2/
>
> How to build V4L drivers:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mystique_SaTiX-S2_Dual
>
> for the newer drivers substitute Oliver's url, also you need the 1.8 firmware
>
> perl /usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware ngene
>
>  for me this is instead:
>
> perl /usr/local/src/ngene-test2/linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware ngene

I did as you suggested .

Perhaps the tuning is now faster in Kaffeine.

Am still unable to scan with scan or w_scan or the scanner in Myth-Setup

I (increased ?) set the time in the Capture card screen to 1000 msec for
signal and 2000 msec for tuning - believing that msec was millisecond -
1/1000 of a second
> There are also some problems with some of the V1 boards,
As far as I recall when I bought the board in the early Summer it was
the awaited v2 board.
> where the second tuner gets a lot of interference from the first, lots of info on the VDR forums if you read German or feed it into a translator.
Understanding German would not appear to be any harder than
understanding MythTV :-)

Will keep trying and testing and will post a "breadcrumbs" type summary
when I get it working - just in case it might be of help to others.

> Hope this helps.
Thank you again Andre

Regards,

Brian