[mythtv-users] jamu.py fails if I exclude directories in jamu.conf

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:31:13 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:

> Matt,
>    I suspect you found a bug due to the last jamu patch where the whole
> config file is treated as unicode. I should have removed old unicode code so
> please try changing line 1290:
>
> self.config['ignore-directory'].append(unicode(cfg.get(section, option),
> 'utf8'))
> To:
>                    self.config['ignore-directory'].append(cfg.get(section,
> option))

With my ignore directories uncommented and the change above jamu.py is
working again.  Thanks!  Just to confirm I have a jamu.py from mythbuntu
autobuilds that predates the change that Mike McNamara mentioned above.  I
haven't tried manually making that change on my system but just wanted to
let you know.

BTW emacs complained that "Invalid coding system `UTF-8' is specified for
the current buffer/file by the :coding tag." but I wrote the file anyway.

Mike P: the spaces are ok according to the comments in the conf file.
# NOTE: Do not surround any of the directory paths with quotes even if they
have spaces in the names

thanks all,
Matt