[mythtv-users] latest git source, database upgrade hangs

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:16:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> > 2011-01-05 10:37:20.932 Locking input devices

OK, assuming your system is still in this state, please try again with -v
system,extra when running backend, etc.

Also, have you shutdown all backends, all frontends, etc first?  This is
likely the core issue.  We had broken code in the database activity
detection code for the longest time that actually was reactivated during the
mythsystem upgrade (we didn't realize it was even broken before!), and it
could be the cause of this problem.