[mythtv-users] seeking upgrade advice 0.20 -> 0.23 backend database

Ross Camm rossco at whyza.net
Wed Jan 5 02:30:41 UTC 2011

thanks for all the good suggestions

can I rely on the 'up-to-date restore script, newer than the one shipped
with 0.23.' to work with my 0.20 database/install for a backup and a
restore when needed ?

my current backup method is

/usr/bin/mysqldump -h localhost --password=xxx0 -u root --opt
--all-databases &>/root/mysql-backups/mysql-database.dump

not sure about the restore method yet ;)