[mythtv-users] WAF Issue with Recording

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 13:51:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a weird issue that is affect the WAF a lot!  Basically the last
> few airings of Desperate Housewives has either failed or giving a very small
> recording file.  Last night I only got 376B.  Looking at the logs i see
> nothing out of the ordinary:

0 byte or 376B files generally mean that there was a tuner problem and Myth
did not receive any data from it when requesting to record.  See other
people's suggestions about power cycling the tuner and the old "leave it off
for 30 seconds" trick which has helped me resolve PCI DVB card issues in the
past that a simple reboot would not fix.

Kevin