[mythtv-users] Installing only mythfrontend on Ubuntu

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 00:51:49 UTC 2011

On 01/03/2011 07:43 PM, Stefan Enzinger wrote:
> On 01/04/2011 12:15 AM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Harry Devine<lifter89 at comcast.net>  wrote:
>>> My main PC is running Ubuntu 10.04, and it doesn't have any Myth stuff on it
>> Maybe "apt-get install mythtv-frontend"?
> mythtv in 10.04 should be around version 23.
> What version is the backend running?
>
> stefan

On the backend:

hdevine at hdevine-desktop:~$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 21b99f1
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

On the frontend:

hdevine at hdevine-faa:/usr/share/applications$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : 26437
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 23056
Library API      : 0.23.1.201000710-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0
Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libudev using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

Thanks,
Harry