[mythtv-users] WAF Issue with Recording

john sturgeon john.sturgeon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:11:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a weird issue that is affect the WAF a lot!  Basically the last
> few airings of Desperate Housewives has either failed or giving a very small
> recording file.  Last night I only got 376B.  Looking at the logs i see
> nothing out of the ordinary:
>
> 2011-01-02 20:00:06.163 AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Max required Free Space:
> 3.0 GB w/freq: 9 min
>
> [snip]

> It cant be a tunning issue as Brothers and Sisters records right after this
> program on the same tuner.  My source is QAM using HD Home Run.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

I know this is absolutely no help, but I've been having the same issue with
my HD Home Run.  Ever since the upgrade to 0.24 recording simultaneous
programs has been flakey.  Somebody suggested removing the capture devices
and re-adding them (using 'auto' instead of manual IP), but that did not
seem to help me at all.

--
John Sturgeon <><
john.sturgeon at gmail.com