[mythtv-users] iMON IR config on Fedora 14 is broken

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 3 18:44:40 UTC 2011

On Jan 3, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Todd Brunhoff wrote:

>> I have five imon devices in my possession, and they all work perfectly fine under Fedora 14.
> Excellent... this means that my conclusion was incorrect and I don't have to wait for fedora 15. I'd have to say that if all your devices work, and mine does not, then my configuration is incorrect.

Yes, there's one thing missing.

> Lots more testing and the problem appears to be caused by the lircd.conf file.

Nope.

> I have been trying one I got from a recent posting of yours and one from http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput

Either of those will work just fine.

> Either .conf file produces irw output for only ENTER, BACKSPACE and ESC.

In the imon and mce modes, these keys map to the exact same scancode. You
have the imon keytable loaded, but an mce remote. So these keys work, but
the rest do not.

> There must be a secret decoder ring for the decoded packet because the numbers in the packets don't correspond with the entries in the lircd.conf file. For example, the packets that correspond to ENTER contain a 0x28, but the lircd.conf value for ENTER is 0x1C. I wonder why this does not work for the iMON mini. How do you decode/map these to lircd.conf entries?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jarod/linux-2.6-ir.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/rc/keymaps/rc-imon-mce.c;h=cb67184e015c6d440e9380182c4d8fa50716ae27;hb=refs/heads/staging

The imon-decoded values map to KEY_FOO names, which are all defined in
include/linux/input.h, and have corresponding values that are passed
along via the input device, and are what lircd then maps.

> default output after reboot running 'ir-keytable' (note the empty enables protocol):
> Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event5) with:
>     Driver imon, table rc-imon-pad
>     Supported protocols: RC-6     Enabled protocols:
> output after setting the protocol with 'ir-keytable -p RC-6; ir-keytable':
> Protocols changed to RC-6
> Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event5) with:
>     Driver imon, table rc-imon-pad
>     Supported protocols: RC-6     Enabled protocols: RC-6

The missing piece is loading the matching RC-6 keymap, but it seems that
was failing for you. I'll have to see if I can get to the bottom of that
with some of my own imon hardware, I've not tried it of late. This should
be the only thing that needs doing to make your setup behave correctly.

Well, that or I push another build that introduces the modprobe option
back to just load the mce keytable by default... Upstream objects to the
change, as the plan in the long run is to move all keytables out to
userspace, auto-loaded by udev triggers.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com