[mythtv-users] Recommendation required ....

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Jan 2 13:58:15 UTC 2011

2010/12/31 Ray Kinsella <raykinsella78 at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I am struggling to turn my Shuttle K48 into a PVR.
> Shuttle only put USB expansion into the K48, which limits my options
> for a DVB-T receiver to a USB Tuner only.
>
>  I have tried two Hauppauge DVB-T receivers to date and I can get
> neither to work using v4l-backports mercurial repo.
>
> * Hauppauge WIN-TV HVR-900TV USB 2.0 Analogue & Digital TV Tuner

I reinstalled my parents MythTV box last week with Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS
and two of these tuners. On first boot I got a pop-up telling me that
Ubuntu wanted to install a binary firmware for the tuners. I accepted,
rebooted the system, ran mythtv-setup and everything worked perfectly.

AFAIR, it was the same two years ago when I installed the system with
Mythbuntu 8.04...

I can also recommend the network-based HD Homerun EU DVB-T edition. I
use one of these at home for DVB-T and it works flawlessly :)

Best regards
Kenni