[mythtv-users] 0.23 to 0.24 upgrade; database wont upgrade

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 1 16:30:57 UTC 2011

  On 01/01/2011 10:32 AM, Richard Morton wrote:

> Interesting. However i was logged in as 'myth' and
> /home/myth/.mythtv/config.xml exists and is properly configured with
> the same details that are in /etc/mythtv/config.xml
>
> I even changed both config xml and mysql txt file to root credentials
> for mysql and still got the same error.

You're:

2010-12-31 09:32:43.601 Using configuration directory = /home/myth/.mythtv

which has a config.xml that results in using:

2010-12-31 09:32:43.624 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
localhost

Is that the database you want/think it should be using?  Because MySQL
is definitely saying your schema is wrong.  Perhaps:

SHOW CREATE TABLE internetcontent;

to see if there's a view or whatever.  If not, try flushing the MySQL
table cache:

FLUSH TABLES;

with a user who has RELOAD privileges or:|

|mysqladmin flush-tables

Or, better, if your DBMS really is failing to update the table cache:

RESET;

If flushing the tables works, I'd recommend using it after restoring
your original 0.23 database, then doing a full, without-failure
upgrade--and then, please let me know, as there may be something I can
do to work around the issue in the future.

Thanks,
Mike