[mythtv-users] audio-video initial sync issues?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:28:09 UTC 2011

Has anyone else started to have issues with .24 fixes where it can't
start playing an .mkv file properly?

What I see is that for about 50% of my mkv files (typically, h264 +
AC3 passed through from a DVD), when I start watching a video, I will
get no sound, followed by the video jumping around all over, then
random bits of sound... but they never sync up.  It is unwatchable.

However, if I set a bookmark when it starts doing this, exit playback,
and then play from the bookmark, everything syncs up, and it plays
perfectly.

Fast forwarding or rewinding can also cause it to lose sync, and never
recover (without doing the bookmark, exit, restart trick)

This is another regression on my system, somewhere within the .24 upgrade path.

Dan