[mythtv-users] getting going

Alexander Ellis saveourtivo at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 08:46:48 UTC 2011

________________________________

Message: 23
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:25:58 +0000
From: Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Getting going
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On 27 February 2011 21:57, Alexander Ellis <saveourtivo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have installed mythbuntu using a Hauppaugge nova-s-plus card.
> I can watch TV using
> mkdir ~/.mplayer
> cp channels.conf ~/.mplayer
> mplayer dvb://"BBC THREE"
> But I can't get myth to find channels

Alek,

Can you provide us with more details on how you've tried to configure
MythTV with your DVB-S card? Are you trying to scan for channels
within MythTV, or are you importing your channels.conf file?

If scanning within MythTV, you need to ensure that you have configured
the LNB (part of capture card setup) before you can successfully scan
for DVB-S channels.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott

I have run through set up from the start using defaults mostly as I don't know
what a lot of the settings are.

I have tried setting the card as. IVTV MPEG-2 encoder and DVB DTV capture card
(v3.x), but neither works.

I looked at the log and it says No capture cards are defined please run the
setup program.

So maybe I need drivers or something to make myth see the card

I was trying to scan for channels which it does but doesn't find any

Alek