[mythtv-users] Installing an external USB sound device on Mythbuntu 10.10

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Feb 28 06:58:29 UTC 2011

Jean-Yves,

Thank you for responding.

> If that's the case, in mythtv you just need to do what I wrote just before.

Okay.

What you wrote before was:
"Then in mythtv 0.24 and above, go in the audio settings, click on Scan
for Device; and select the device of the USB interface."

It's unclear, though, what you mean by "go in the audio settings".

If I am in mythtvfrontend, the only audio option I see is
Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> General, then go to the Audio System screen,
where there is a drop down for "Audio output device", and none of the
selections there are obviously my USB device (it has things like "ALSA:
analog" and "ASLA: mixed-digital".

There is no "Scan for Device" option.

Where are you talking about?

Thank you for any advice.