[mythtv-users] can't read dvd

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 22:23:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are using opensuse did you add mythtv to your video group as wel ?
>
> Rob Verduijn
>

> 2011/2/26 Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
>>
>> 2011-02-26 13:23:25.376 Failed to open DVD device at /dev/dvd
>> libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version svnR1215
>> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
>> libdvdread: Could not open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss.
>> libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading
>> libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
>>
>> # ls /dev/dvd -l
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 2011-02-26 11:14 /dev/dvd -> sr0
>> # ls /dev/sr0 -l
>> brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 11, 0 2011-02-26 11:14 /dev/sr0
>>
>> the user running mythfrontend.real is in the cdrom group.
>>
>> not really sure what more to look for though, any help appreciated.
>> thanks!

oops, meant to respond, for some reason just logging the user
completely out did not cause the group setting change to take effect
(which has worked for me in the past). We had to reboot for a
different reason and when it came back up it worked.

thanks for responding though!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!