[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAFto Plummet

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Feb 27 20:06:43 UTC 2011

On 27 Feb 2011, at 19:51, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:

>>> Both MythTV /and/ the nvidia drivers contain settings for enabling
>>> studio levels.  Configure your system correctly and Arclight's OSD is
>>> beautiful.
>
>> I've not found any way to set this in Myth, I know about the setting in the
>> latest Nvidia drivers but I'm still running v 256 due to instability in
>> v260.
>
>> I agree it looks great, that's why I'm using it.
>
>> Andre
>
> Utilities / Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Playback > Playback Profiles (page
> 3) > "Edit" on each of the configurations > Page 2 > add "vpdaustudio" to
> "Custom Filters" (this is a comma delimited list)

For video playback yes, I know but it doesn't affect theme rendering.

I only started using myth frontend when this setting was added, before then video was unwatchable on my display.

I hadn't realised about theme rendering levels until the Nvidia drivers gave me a desktop (and therefore myth theme) in YCrCb or studio RGB, then I saw there was subtlety and detail in the Arclight shadows, before I thought everything was just black and the font rendering was poor.

I just upgraded to nvidia 260.19.36 to give it a try and the YCrCb/RGB setting is no longer there!

Andre