[mythtv-users] How can I start a lossless transcode from mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 27 13:59:04 UTC 2011

On 02/27/2011 05:29 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> How can I start a lossless transcode from mythweb?
>
> If I select transcode I dont get any options which profile to use so I
> assume it would use the Default profile but every transcode I've tried
> from mythweb fails. I've currently got the High Quality Profile set to
> lossless and that works great when running it from the frontend, would
> setting my default profile to lossless fix this or should I look at
> running a user job?

I don't know much about transcoding, but I /think/ that whichever
profile (Default, High Quality, Low Quality or Live TV) you set as
"Autodetect from MPEG-2" (assuming an MPEG-2 source recording) is the
one that's used when a transcode is triggered from MythWeb or started
using X in TV Playback (versus selecting the job specifics in Watch
Recordings).  So just set up High Quality as your autodetect profile.

Mike