[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Feb 27 03:37:37 UTC 2011

On 2/26/2011 20:34, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> On 02/26/2011 11:00 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> But as always, a graphical editor is going to be a huge undertaking, and
>> someone would have to spend the time to write it.
> As a curiosity question, if someone were to write such a thing, would it
> have to be in C++ like the rest of the project?  I have no C++
> experience, and don't particularly want any, but plenty of
> Delphi/FreePascal know-how.  It might be fun just to try, to see how
> hard it really is, but not if it had to be in C++.

The rest of the project is C++ because it's deeply based around Qt.  The
applications and plugins are all based around the same set of libraries,
so they really need to be written in the same language to function.  A
graphical theme editor would be largely detached from the rest of
MythTV, and the only thing it really would need to know is where MythTV
was installed, so it could get at the theme files.