[mythtv-users] Hauppauge NovaT-500 I2C read errors

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 20:10:09 UTC 2011

Since the changes yesterday afternoon, the card has behaved itself  for a
good 24 hours or more... until 7pm tonight when it fell over recording Harry
Hill's TV Burp (ironically enough!)

The entries in the mythbackend log are below.

2011-02-26 19:00:11.126 Started recording: "Harry Hill's TV Burp": channel
4003 on cardid 6, sourceid 4
2011-02-26 19:01:14.846 PIDInfo(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) Error: Failed
to set TS filter (pid 0x0)

Which does not give much to go on, and a google about does not reveal
anything useful.
I am going to turn on some more advanced logging for tuning erc.

It is better though, although still not as rock solid as it used to be.
besides the manual settings to the multiplexes/transports I have quick
tuning set to always, and EIT disabled or turned off on every screen I can
find. I the recording profiles for hardware encoders, I have the recording
type set to "TV only".

"wait for SEQ" headers is also disabled on the tuner setup, as is open on
demand.

Gaz