[mythtv-users] New IPTV setup

Scott Cunningham scott at netaddicted.ca
Fri Feb 25 01:11:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 11:56 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Scott Cunningham
> <scott at netaddicted.ca> wrote:
>         On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 12:34 -0600, Greg Mitchell wrote:
>         > scott wrote:
>         >
>         > > Do you have any idea where the url is (supposed to be)
>         stored in the
>         > > database?  My current line of thought is the url is not
>         there for myth
>         > > to use.
>         >
>         > It should be in the m3u - Myth reads that when you start it
>         up.
>         >
>         > Out of curiousity, what telco?
>         >
>         > Greg
>

>         Wightman Telecom a small ILEC/CLEC in Mid-Western Ontario.
>
>         So the URI never gets put in the db?  It is read into memory
>         at startup
>         everytime?  That makes things a little more difficult.  Is
>         there a way
>         to run the frontend/backend in a debug mode to get some more
>         detail of
>         what it is doing?
>
> mythbackend -v help (to get the options)

So here is the output from the backend using mythbackend -v channel
(testsession.log).  I also have available a larger mythbackend -v all
(testsession-all.log) if that will help anybody.   Can email offlist.

In both cases started backend, started frontend, selected watch tv from
menu and after log stopped scrolling killed backend.  The only
difference I saw in the frontend is with the channel only logging the
frontend brought up the "no lock" error while the ALL logging, after
selecting the watch tv, the screen went blank for a couple of seconds
then dropped back to the menu.

--
Scott Cunningham