[mythtv-users] Sandy Bridge / Intel HD 3000 support?

Rob Smith kormoc at mythtv.org
Thu Feb 24 18:01:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Tom Hill <tom at ninjabadger.net> wrote:
> Recording from simultaneous HD streams whilst playing another?
>
> The point is that video playback can be accelerated cheaply, and that
> frees the CPU up to concentrate on other tasks.
>
> Tom

My core2duo has been able to do this all at the same time:
Record 3 HD streams, 2 mpeg2, 1 h264
send 6 HD over to my desktop for commflagging
Play back 720p h264 stream in software to use the letterbox detection
Run the database, webserver, etc.

And that's a lowly 2ghz mobile core2duo.

I'd hope your massively faster core i cpus could handle the same