[mythtv-users] Any Debian / Mythtv / Nvidia users here?

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 20:28:32 UTC 2011

Hello again, I just get a ASRock Dual-Core Atom 330. I install a fresh
Debian Squeeze with Gnome and install this:

apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms nvidia-glx

with this repositories:

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main

deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main

deb http://debian-multimedia.org/ squeeze main non-free
deb-src http://debian-multimedia.org/ squeeze main non-free

Sorry for all questions, I used to install Nvidia official driver and
I don't know how to configure the Debian drivers. I don't have
"nvidia-settings" and I don't know how to test and configure the
VDPAU.

This is my glxinfo:

# glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
2 GLXFBConfigs:
   visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
 id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
Segmentation fault

How can I configure the driver?

Thanks for your help, this is very interesting post for me.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano