[mythtv-users] Transcoding and H264

Robert Houghton robbadler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 20:15:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Silverdulcet <silverdulcet at gmail.com>wrote:

> > > Thanks all. Just realized the problem is in the return of ttvdb.py.
> Where
> > > formerly `ttvdb.py -N $title $subtitle` returned SXXEXX, it now gives
> the
> > > full XML for the episode.
> > >
> > > Do'h. Thanks for removing the .24 compatibility flag.
> > >
> > Updated file to parse the XML from ttvdb.py. I'd love some independent
> > confirmation that this works on a 0.24 build other than mine.
> > FWIW, you all helped me realize why my files had been horribly mis-named
> > since I updated from 0.23. So, Thanks!
>
> It seems to be working for me on .24 with only a few problems. When
> formating the filename it doesn't use a leading 0 in single digit
> season numbers or episode numbers. So a filename that should be S09E08
> instead is named S9E8, it gets the two digit series or episode numbers
> correct.
>
> Also, not sure if it is bad reception on some of my older OTA ATSC
> recordings, but one file ended up being only 127MB and started out
> around 4.5GB and another one the second half of the recording has
> audio that sounds muffled and distorted, yet if I play the original
> mpg file the audio just fine.

Issue one requires a fix in the filename format string. I'll look at it
tonight.
Issue two is likely something in ffmpeg dealing with the particular input
file. Maybe test manually with ffmpeg using the options provided by the
transcode script. Check the ffmpeg log for errors? I'm curious why that file
would go from 4.5GB -> 127MB