[mythtv-users] Starting mythfrontend remotely via web

Wes Brown thewbman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 08:55:09 UTC 2011

That webmyth_service.cpp runs on the phone itself, not on the frontend host.
 I don't think it would have any way to trigger a frontend launch remotely.

I don't think this feature currently exists in mythwelcome, but the script
would be able to send a myth event to the backend which mythwelcome could
listen to and start the frontend.

BTW - i appreciate the effort put into looking at the code.