[mythtv-users] migrating from analog cable to digital cable (Cogeco), recheduling on new tuners and removing existing tuner

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Wed Feb 23 06:35:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 23:20 -0500, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 8:58 PM -0500 2/20/11, Mike McMullin wrote:
> >On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 09:54 -0500, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> > > Not true here in Oakville.  There are about 30+ unencrypted channels available on Cogeco that my HDhomerun happily records. YMMV.
> >>
> >  That's good to hear, btw is Cogeco also sending down the analog signal
> >as well, three tuners are better than two?  ;)
>
> Yes.

  Well now I've got signal, I just need to set the input connections, is
it better to scan for channels, or fetch channels from a listing source?
When I get the the channel scan page, I see the input as tuner one on
the HDHR, desired services is TV (radio is or is not available?) Scan
type is full scan, Frequency Table is Broadcast, Modulation is
Terrestrial (8-VSB), Scanning range is ATSC Channel2 and ATSC Channel69.

  I have no idea what Cable HIGH, Cable HRC HIGH, Cable IRC High, Cable,
Cable HRC and Cable IRC, mean and or due?  Any points?