[mythtv-users] K world UB499-2T T09 usb tuner

MS ms2 at hipcat2.plus.com
Tue Feb 22 16:36:29 UTC 2011

Does anyone know if this tuner actually works with Ubuntu  ?

The kernel 2.6.35-25 appears to include a suitable driver module and
Myth chats happily to it but produces no TV.  The scan process shows
some very high signal levels (up to 99%) and indicates successful locks
on the expected channels but then reports that no channels have been found.

It could be of course that I have a faulty module but previous experienc
leads me to believe that it is not as simple as that.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Many thanks:

Melanie