[mythtv-users] DVB Scanning: single transport only

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Feb 20 19:11:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 17:50 +0000, Tom Hill wrote:
> There does not appear to be an option to disable the use of NIT data
> when scanning with 'scan' or with MythTV, so I'm currently facing a
> very
> frustrating operation to trim an enormous channels.conf, do to ~20 or
> so
> channels that I actually need.

Further to my original post, I have since managed to get a channels.conf
that was acceptable (39 channels) and have then proceeded to try
importing this into Mythtv.

Whilst this is successful, Myth yet again cannot import just the
channels that I wish to have and takes the frequencies present in the
channels.conf, parses the NIT data and begins scanning again --
providing me with numbering prompts for 100's of channels, which is
utterly useless.

How has anyone else done this without going utterly insane? I'm tempted
to write a script to parse a channels.conf and just insert the correct
database rows into the 'channel' table, but I'm still surprised that
there is no option to do this in Myth itself.

Regards,

Tom