[mythtv-users] mirobridge crash

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 14:40:53 UTC 2011

Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote on Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 08:21:18AM -0500:
> Joey,
>      I have seen this happen once myself. This is caused when more than
> one video has the identical start date and times. In the case that I saw
> it, Revision 3 announcing changes to their line-up and supported video
> formats. I fixed it by going into Miro itself and deleting those videos
> which I had already watched. Then I manually removed the two identical
> (starttime) oldrecorded records from the MythTV database.

Thanks, Doug. This was exactly my problem. I had 4 copies of that
Revision3 video with identical starttimes, so I deleted them from the
oldrecorded table, and now all appears to be well. They had already
been deleted from Miro, so I didn't need that step.

> There is no easy change to mirobridge.py for this rare situation. I have
> only seen this situation occur once in multiple years of using
> MiroBridge. Startdate and time (e.g. 2011-02-17 10:48:22) are derived
> from the published date and time of the Miro video.

Just a shot in the dark from someone who knows very little of the
MythTV and mirobridge internals, but judging from this line:

  delOldRecorded((channel_id, data['starttime'])).delete()

it looks like you're deleting from the oldrecorded table based on
channel_id and starttime only, not taking the title into account. If
you could restrict it to a specific title, also, then that should
guarantee a unique result since station,starttime,title is the primary
key for oldrecorded. In this Revision3 example, my duplicate videos
all had different titles (Tekzilla, Food Mob, etc.).