[mythtv-users] Cant connect to master backend

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sun Feb 20 05:20:20 UTC 2011

Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote

> Well, it seems that there is something wrong with your setup. I'd
> suggest looking at your capturecard setup. For instance, the Terratec
> Cinergy is NOT an analog V4L device, it's a DVB device.

I have a Cinergy Hybrid, it actually can do both, DVB-T and analogue signals.
Though I have trouble finding channels with the analogue signal in use.
Neither MythTV, nor tvtime can find channels, tvtime even freezes the whole
machine when scanning for channels... I guess the tm6000 driver cannot handle
analogue signals.

> Once you have that sorted out, you then need to configure a channel
> source, a schedules grabber (Even if you only define it as EIT), and
> connect the two together.

Yes, this is what I missed to do, the frontend now connects to the backend.

Regards
Malte