[mythtv-users] 0.24 Mac OS X Build

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Sat Feb 19 18:09:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Eric Holt <ericsh at wvcom.net> wrote:
> There's a new build on SF as of earlier today... and it works
> *FANTASTICALLY*!!!  Best 0.24 build on SF yet for OS X.  We just installed
> it, and other than Arclite being missing(?) it works PERFECT.  Menus during
> playback on fast as should be, no beachball on playback, etc.  720p
> playback, for us, now matches 1080i playback -- perfectly smooth and clean.
>  We are THRILLED!
> KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS to everyone who's been working on this, and to whom put
> the latest build on SF.  You've done great work, and it's GREATLY
> appreciated!!!

I just updated my Mac Mini with the build from the 16th, and it is
definitely a big improvement.  1080i was working fine, and it seemed
to be stable.

720p video almost worked.    It was playing, and even playing smoothly
for a time.  But, it quickly gets into the mode where it spews the
"video is 3.x frames behind audio, dropping frames".     Depending on
the scene, sometimes it's not obvious from watching the video that
frames are being dropped.   In sports programs it is more evident.
Note that this is seen when running "mythfrontend -v playback,libav"
via an ssh session.