[mythtv-users] "This recording is currently in use by:, mythpreviewgen" niggle

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 17 17:29:29 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 11:47 AM, John Veness wrote:
> Thanks for that. It sounds like, from the description of your particular
> problem, that my first suggested code change would be better than the
> second. That is, it would be good if the system could somehow tell
> mythpreviewgen to stop trying to generate a preview for the particular
> recording that the user is trying to delete. If the "silently wait for
> preview generation to finish" suggestion was taken, then that wouldn't
> fix your problem!
>
> Any devs want to comment?

We know it's not ideal, as is.  We're currently stuck between an
orphaned preview image and a hard-to-use interface.

Future (large) changes will allow improving the UX without leaving
orphaned previews.  The idea of allowing orphaned previews to improve UX
here has been mentioned.

Overall, the most I can say is that it will be improved, eventually.

Mike