[mythtv-users] Memory performance on Nvidia ION

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:57:25 UTC 2011

Hello list, I am having some playback problem with Nvidia ION system.
The Nvidia ION has a 9400 card with 512MB shared memory. I read on
some post that is preferable to have two memory slots rather than one.

I actually has one Kingston KHX6400D2/2G memory:
http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX6400D2_2G.pdf

I have a ZOTAC ION ITX-G Synergy Edition:
http://www.zotac.com/pdbrochures/mb/ION-ITX-G-E-Synergy-Edition_v1.3.pdf

I have some question about the memory performance:

1. Is really a good idea to put an other memory on the second slot?
2. Is possible to assign on the BIOS a memory slot JUST for the graphic card?
3. How much memory do you recommend to add?

I am not expert on hardware, do you recommend some other configuration
(BIOS, memory frequency, capacity...)

Thanks for all your help and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano