[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging fails with status 242?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 01:50:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 19:34, Matt Goebel <matt at goebelnet.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know what this exit status means or what I can do to fix it?
>
> I have Mythtv set to start flagging recordings as soon as the show starts recording.  This seems like it might be happening when other recordings are taking place.

I think I am seeing this too. Just recently (coincidentally after
updating trunk for the first time in a while) I've been having a lot
of problems with crashes and I also have noticed exit status 242 from
commflag. In my dmesg I see messages about mythbackend (and
mythcommflag, etc) crashing, often in libmythbase-0.24.

I had been blaming my aging hardware, possibly a failing fan, failing
capture card, failing harddrive, failing RAM, CPU, etc... but perhaps
that isn't the problem.

I seem to remember looking up some of the return codes in the code
before (ages ago) but a quick grep for "242" doesn't return me
anything promising... I had figured it was probably indicating some
sort of system error.

Oh, also I had noticed the correlation to concurrent or back-to-back
recordings...

aaron