[mythtv-users] 0.24 Python Bindings - Transcode Wrapper Script

Robert Houghton robbadler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 01:34:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Robert Houghton <robbadler at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com
> >
> > wrote:

> instead

> >> Robert,
> >>
> >> I've been using your script, but I'm not particularly fluent in Perl,
> >> so changing anything more than the exposed parameters is a bit beyond
> >> me. I've tweaked it to suit my needs (forced channels to stereo, used
> >> a constant rate factor instead of an average bit rate) and it's been
> >> working well, but I'm not confident that I understand it well enough
> >> to go changing the bits that directly manipulate the database.
> >>
> >> - Chris
> >
> > Chris,
> >
> > I will put in a flag to do in-place transcode in the near future. Maybe
> I'll
> > even add comments :)
>
> Oh, and is it possible to have it keep the commercial flagging data
> and the original recording thumbnail? At the moment I'm always getting
> the first frame of the recording as the thumbnail, which is invariably
> in the credits of the previous show.
>
> - Chris

In order of request:
1) The commercial flagging may no longer be relevant on the transcode, as
frame count will most likely have changed during the transcode. I will test
this, and see if I need to clear skiplist/cutlist
2) If the transcode is done in-place, then you will get the original preview
image, assuming one has been generated for that recording.

-Robert