[mythtv-users] How do you point to a remote folder

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Feb 16 15:30:46 UTC 2011

On 16/02/11 13:43, Anthony Rooney wrote:
> [...]

This attempt to mount doesn't provide any of the security data that you
were trying to pass through your fstab line.  If it's a security problem
the response is often - probably deliberately - unhelpful.

About your fstab line:  do you need write permission?

Is anthony a good uid?  Shouldn't it be 500?  Do you need a gid? Where
did the masks and noauto come from?  I don't see them in the ubuntu page
I suggested earlier that you said you had tried to follow - but I found
it pretty opaque in patches, too.

This really looks like a problem for the ubuntu lists - although there
are many people with buntu experience here it's a buntu problem.

Cheers,

John P