[mythtv-users] Myth problem or HDPVR probmem?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:13:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Dan Armbrust <
daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, and a side issue is that even if it is a hardware problem / driver
> problem... mythTV does a horrible job at handling the error.  It
> doesn't recognize that the capture card has failed... it doesn't try
> another one, doesn't stop attempting to use the non-responsive one.
>
> Just carries on, making 0 byte recordings of everything, until someone
> notices it.

Yes, MythTV unfortunately presumes that your hardware and drivers are in
good working order.  I think I can speak for all of us that we would happily
accept patches that more gracefully deal with those pre-requisites not being
true, but ultimately we have to make the assumption that the devices the
user configures do in fact work.

Robert