[mythtv-users] Myth problem or HDPVR probmem?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:05:17 UTC 2011

> Let me just say that comparing apples (MythTV 0.23 on distro X, version
> Y, with kernel Z and V4L/DVB subsystem A and drivers B) and oranges
> (MythTV 0.24 on distro X, version Y', with kernel Z' and V4L/DVB
> subsystem A' and drivers B') does not imply that MythTV 0.24 is to
> blame.  If you change anything in addition to changing MythTV, ...

Well, not to wish bad things to Mike... but I hope that you do start
having this problem.  Maybe then we can get some help on fixing it.

:)

I don't know where the problem lies, DVB driver changes, or mythTV
changes.  But the fact is that mythTV is very unreliable in the
current Mythbuntu packaging.  And my configuration worked just fine
until my last update.  I have seen the problem on both of my cards, so
I doubt it is a hardware failure of a card.  Could be pci bus, I
suppose, but I highly doubt that this many people are encountering
hardware failures at the same time.

I'm perfectly happy do do debugging / post any information that would
help track this down.  But I don't know what else to provide beyond
basic log files at this point.  And they mostly just say that the
system is hosed... they don't seem to provide any detail as to how it
got into that state.