[mythtv-users] Myth problem or HDPVR probmem?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:26:11 UTC 2011

Good luck....

as far as I can tell, .24 + fixes is the worst release of  mythtv in
ages.  Several threads have been started here reporting this problem
across many environments... and to date, no one has found a solution
that I have seen.  I don't even know if it has yet been acknowledged
as a problem.

Myth, quite simply, no longer works reliably.  It constantly fails to
record shows.  It says it recorded, but the resulting file is size 0.

And that to the random front end hangs that I now experience, and its
just a dreadful upgrade.

I had to upgrade to get a different fix to be able to watch one of my
channels... and ever since then, the system is nothing but
frustration.

If you have not yet upgraded to .24, don't.  That's my advice for now.