[mythtv-users] Uninstalling Mythbuntu?

Reynolds, Brian Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
Mon Feb 14 15:10:02 UTC 2011

Last night, I downloaded and attempted to install Mythbuntu.  First, I
tried installing it inside Windows.  It installed with a second entry in
boot.ini just fine.  There were no errors displayed during the install.
However, when I try to boot Mythbuntu, it just gets and error and
reboots.  I figured out how to uninstall it... pretty easy.

Then, I tried booting off the CD and installing it that way.  It created
a new partition on my drive and installed without any errors.  However,
it just dumps me out to a command prompt when it boots.  I'm thinking
that there must be a problem with my video card (ATI).  I'm planning to
attempt installing it on another machine I have that has an nVidia card.

How do I uninstall it from my machine now that I've done the install by
booting from the CD?  I'd like to get rid of the dual boot menu that
appears, as it is going to be a problem for my girlfriend's 4-year-old
daughter (she uses this machine frequently).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian