[mythtv-users] Automation query

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Feb 12 23:17:45 UTC 2011

Rob Smith <kormoc at mythtv.org> says:
> Are you running the latest firmware?

I can't speak for Thomas, but I am, and the issue of the HD-PVR
suddenly requiring a power cycle after a few days, weeks, or months of
operation is a longstanding one that has existed through many firmware
versions No one seems to know whether the issue is in the firmware,
the driver, or both. Since I wrote
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/446880#446880>
I've decided to use the HD-PVR again; so far so good,[1] but a failure
could still occur at any time.

If 0.24 has functionality that prevents the issue from occurring I am
glad to hear it as I am still on 0.23. What does setting the timeout
to 10 seconds do? Is it a delay between channel changing and
attempting to lock on the signal? If so I imagine it would make using
live TV painful.

[1] I am using a newer version (20100702) of the video4linux modules
than before, but of course there is no dispositive way to prove
whether it makes a difference.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg