[mythtv-users] "Please Wait" no longer appearing when playing recordings?

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Sat Feb 12 16:11:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

Starting with an update within the last couple of days, when I press
Return to start playback of a recording, it doesn't go to the "Please
Wait..." screen. Instead, the frontend seems to hang for a few seconds,
and then playback starts.

It's not a major problem, but the lack of immediate feedback does mean
that the user isn't sure if he correctly pressed Return on the program.
Note, I am definitely talking about playing back previous recordings,
not Live TV.

This doesn't seem to be theme-dependent as I have tried a few themes.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 with daily updates from the mythbuntu 0.24-fixes
repository.

Has anyone else seen this before I file a ticket?

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T