[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Feb 12 01:37:16 UTC 2011

I don't know how many of you guys watched Obama's Union address last week but a portion of his speech was about how to get this country's  innovation spirit back and how we need the guys in their garage coming up with the next new thing..

In this case in particular, what he should be looking at is how the incumbents/controllers through things like the DMCA are squashing that very spirit of innovation in products that are things like MythTV.

Some of the things in this particular thread have really stood out to exemplify how even behemoths like MS are still bowing to the likes of hollywood and ultimately the users suffer. Instead of having the best... they have something frustrating and 3rd or 4th rate.

My friends and I have been extolling the many hypocrisies in his speech... I need to make sure I add this one to the list.

  -Ben