[mythtv-users] Samsung SMT-C5320 STB support for channel changer script

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Sat Feb 12 00:11:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 17:04, Fred <ffluvssg1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to mention that Samsung has on their website a collection of
> zipped "open source" files, which contain something called busybox. I guess
> this is supposed to help developers somehow? I downloaded and installed
> busybox, but I have no idea how it relates to the STB. It seems to be a
> stripped-down Linux command interpreter.
>

> http://www.samsung.com/global/business/telecomm/opensource/cable_set_top_box.html

I'm sure this would be to comply with the GPL in some way.  The GPL,
generally speaking, requires publication of modified/distributed source
code.  Who knows where in the product they deployed busybox; it doesn't
matter.  If they ship it, they also have to make the source files available.

$0.02,
Eric