[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Reynolds, Brian Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
Fri Feb 11 22:12:05 UTC 2011

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Nick Rout
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 5:02 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Reynolds, Brian <Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com> wrote:

Richard,

My kids are not with me 100% of the time.  When they come over,
especially late in the evening, they often go to their rooms and watch
TV, play video games, whatever.  At this point, I don't imagine that
they will want to watch pre-recorded stuff, but I could be wrong.

--Nick wrote...
You may very well be wrong. We are a blended family and the kids aren't all here all the time. We have mythtv and they generally only watch pre-recorded, DVD, or ripped movies.

They have become more discerning, ie they watch the crap they want to watch, not the crap the network is showing at that time.

I understand that.  That's exactly what I was thinking might happen.  I currently don't allow them to schedule stuff on the DVR because it gets full quickly enough and there are already conflicts.

Once I have a huge storage solution and a bunch of tuners, that won't be a problem anymore... so they might start scheduling stuff and stop watching live TV.  They don't have a DVR at their mom's house, so they haven't become addicted to the ability to skip the commercials like I have. :)

Brian