[mythtv-users] Mythmusic 24 segmentation fault on play

Harry Coin hcoin at quietfountain.com
Fri Feb 11 21:10:40 UTC 2011

Anyone else frustrated with Mythmusic's crashing on play?

I was hoping to stay inside myth for all media playback.  Since
mythmusic was crashing in 23 in the same way I thought it would be fixed
in 24, but no.   It still crashes with a segmentation fault every time,
at just the moment playback begin is attempted.  I attempt to play using
'all my music', navigating to a single music file, hit 'enter' and back
to a command prompt and the end of mythfrontend.   TV recordings at both
SD & HD , dvd/video playback all normal.   Output is digital spdif/iec
on an ICH5 chip.  Rhythmbox plays the same music library without problem
on the same system.  Tried classic and ubuntu themes, OpenGL/QT, classic
and default menus, same.

System is Debian Squeeze, gnome, qt4, kernel 2.6.32-6-686, multiple
monitors and graphics cards, each as a separate X display with gnome
header/footer bars.  All the mythfrontend terminal and gdb reports,
including stack backtrace details are here:

mythmusic v 0.24+fixes20110113-0.1 from debian-multimedia.org

http://pastebin.com/2a3vzBYP

The clip right around the fault report is:

   1.
      2011-02-11 14:22:17.246 XMLParse: LoadTheme using
      '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/music-ui.xml'
   2.
      2011-02-11 14:22:22.622 AO: Opening audio device 'plug:spdif:0' ch
      2(2) sr 44100 sf signed 16 bit reenc 0
   3.
      [New Thread 0xaacffb70 (LWP 18611)]
   4.
   5.
   6.
      0xb5e42ef8 in QString::operator=(QString const&) () from
      /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
   7.
      (gdb) bt
   8.
      #0  0xb5e42ef8 in QString::operator=(QString const&) () from
      /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
   9.
      #1  0xaa0f0fbc in MusicPlayer::decoderHandlerReady() () from
      /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so
  10.
      #2  0xaa0f2f98 in MusicPlayer::customEvent(QEvent*) () from
      /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so
  11.
      #3  0xb5f05e5c in QObject::event(QEvent*) () from
      /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4

I've reinstalled qt4, removed as much of qt3 as I could, thought it was
an ALSA thing for a bit having to do with upconverting 44.1 to 48K for
the ICH5, but if that's so why would all the other music programs work.
So, out of clues.  Help please?  Or should I file a bug report?

Harry