[mythtv-users] Position bar broken with DVB-T radio

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Feb 10 23:33:28 UTC 2011

On 10/02/11 20:21, John Veness wrote:
> On 07/02/11 10:23, John Veness wrote:
>> After I installed the latest Mythbuntu 0.24-fixes autobuilds on the
>> weekend, the position bar (that you see when you press I, or when you
>> seek forwards or backwards) doesn't work properly on UK DVB-T radio
>> programmes, i.e. ones with audio and MHEG-only, no video.
>>
>> It shows the length of the show OK, but the position is always 0:00.
>
> Another observation to add to this problem: If I press E to go into the
> editor, then I do see the position within the show correctly (although
> of course that pauses playback so is not as useful as pressing I).
>
> I can file this as a bug, but it would help if someone else could
> confirm this problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

I can confirm that I see this when running the new Atrpms build for
CentOS 5, v0.24-152-g6dd5e4b; it shows on both a recording made today
after installing that and one dating from December last year.

I don't think I saw it when playing the earlier recording in earlier
builds, but I usually discard all but the mp2 track and play that
outside MythTV, so I can't be certain that I would have noticed.

My recording of today's programme on my f13 box, still running the
previous build, v-0.24-150-g08a8a65, shows a usefully active position bar.

John P