[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 10 23:17:25 UTC 2011

Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2/10/2011 4:03 PM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
>> On 02/09/11 16:28, Reynolds, Brian wrote:
>>
>> Be aware that DRM can cause recordings to fail, expire, etc.
>> The latest example is that a lot of people recording the SuperBowl
>> on their Ceton cards missed the last quarter. See
>> http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/98308.aspx?PageIndex=1
>
> Wow - that sucks.
>
> Again - one can't always say "no".
>
> Imagine if the US just rebelled and didn't watch the super bowl.
>
> I wonder what the impact would be. Would the promoters learn their lesson.
>
> Of course, everyone would have to make it clear they are not watching
> for DRM reasons...

It only affected those who are feeding the beast...

I got the whole game (and the beginning of 'Glee') on my mythbox.
Amazing how fast a NFL game can be watched when using the (20 second)
skip button between snaps.
And can't beat the frame by frame step motion/slow motion functions for
settling armchair officiating disagreements.